The Best Ebike Under £500 – Some Options to Consider
Electric bikes are becoming increasingly popular, not only for those with a long daily commute who want to avoid traveling by car or public transport, but also for those who just want to enjoy long bike rides in their spare time. These types of bikes were once very unaffordable, but in recent years they have become much cheaper.
In fact, it is now very possible to purchase an electric bike for under £500. If you haven’t bought one before, then you might not know what it is that you should be looking for. In order to help you, we have tested and reviewed what we consider to be the best options on the market right now. Please read on below for more information.
1. Nilox E Bike X1 Review – The Best Choice
Features: Aluminium Alloy Frame, 20-25km Range – 25kmh Maximum Speed – 26 Inch Wheels – Foldable – Bike Lock – 20kg
- The Nilox E Bike X1 electric bike has an incredibly lightweight and sturdy frame.
- The assembly process for this electric bike is very easy indeed.
- There are extras included such as a luggage rack, bicycle lock and a USB charging port.
- The frame of this electric bike is foldable for easy storage.
- The stand that is fitted to the bike isn’t very good.
The Nilox E Bike X1 Review
The number 1 spot on our list of the best e bikes under £500 goes to the Nilox E Bike X1. We had looked at hundreds of different models when we were seeing which bikes we wanted to test out and this was one that really interested us from the off. The design is completely unique and this is something that instantly appealed to us.
To start with, we took a brief look at the frame and all of the bike components in the box. The first thing that we noticed was the quality of the frame. We noticed instantly how sturdy it was and also how lightweight. This surprised us, because we expected it to be a lot heavier.
Incredibly Easy to Assemble
Next, we were ready to put all of the components together. What surprised us the most with this electric bike is that it was incredibly easy to assemble. The entire assembly process took us under an hour and didn’t really require any specialist tools in order to be able to get it up and running.
This bike is a lot more powerful than we had expected and it reaches very fast speeds very quickly. Another thing that we really liked with this one is that there are a lot of extras that you get with it. There is a luggage rack at the back of the bike, a free bicycle lock and a built in USB charging port which is great for charging your mobile whilst you are on the move.
Very Easy to Store
Finally, we loved the fact that this electric bike is foldable. We found that this made not only storing it a lot easier but it also made transporting it a lot easier too. Although there are plenty of positive points, there is one drawback that we should mention. We felt that the stand that was provided wasn’t very good quality which was a bit of a shame.
Although we didn’t like the stand that was provided with the e bike, the rest of the features are fantastic and we would highly recommend this electric bike to anyone.
For a more in-depth review of the Nilox E Bike X1 look here.
2. DAPHOME FIIDO D2 Ebike Review
Features: Aluminium Alloy Frame – 30-50km Range – 25kmh Maximum Speed – 16 Inch Wheels – Foldable – Front LED – 19.5kg
- Very lightweight frame which is foldable.
- The bike has a nice LED light at the front which is great for night time riding.
- This bike is not as powerful as the previous bike on our list.
- It isn’t as good with steep inclines.
- 250W motor provides the max 25km/h speed and max 30 degree gradient. Pedal mode, moped mode, and pure electric mode for choose. Folding design for convenient carrying.
- 7.8Ah Li-ion battery ( included in product ) for max 30km mileage with pure electric mode and 50km mileage with moped mode16 inch inflatable rubber tire for different grounds.
- Adjustable heights of handlebar and saddle for different heights of people. LED front light to ride at night safely,Aluminum alloy shell for max 120kg payload.
- Battery life data was measured on a flat road with temperature 28°C by a 60 kg rider. The battery life will be affected by rider weight, temperature, road slope and adequacy of tires. With the decline of lithium battery activity in winter, the battery life will also be relatively shortened, and in the summer with the rise in temperature, battery life will relatively rise.
- Quick delivery - Ebikes are shipped from Poland. If you need an European-to-British adapter, please feel free to contact us to send you a free adapter.
The DAPHOME FIIDO D2 Ebike Review
The number 2 slot on our list of the best electric bikes under £500 goes to the DAPHOME FIIDO D2 Ebike. This one is actually quite similar in design to the previous entry, but not quite as good in terms of features. However, it does still have a lot to offer.
Incredibly Lightweight Frame
The main thing that we really liked with this electric bike is that the frame is very lightweight. We were actually really surprised by the weight of this one; we expected it to be much heavier. We also noticed that the frame is incredibly sturdy; it has definitely been built to last.
Riding this electric bike is no trouble at all. Due to its small size, we found that we were able to move around really quickly and manoeuvre the bike with no trouble at all. One of the features that we really liked with this one was the LED front light. We found this especially helpful for riding during the dark.
The Negative Aspects
Although there are plenty of positive aspects, there are a few drawbacks too. First of all, this bike didn’t feel nearly as powerful as the previous entry on our list. However, it is perfectly fine for the daily commute. Secondly, we found that this one struggled a little with steeper inclines. However, we would certainly recommend it for the daily commute.
For a more comprehensive DAPHOME FIIDO D2 Ebike review take a look here.
We hope that you are able to choose between the two of these bikes and pick the one that best meets your needs personally.